Is Your Website Mobile Friendly?
If your website isn’t mobile friendly then you MUST read this.
Check out these facts regarding smartphone usage and mobile search.
- The majority of Google searches are coming from mobile devices rather than PCs.
- Search engine algorithms now favour websites that are responsive and mobile friendlyTherefore your ranking will be higher in the search engine results if your site is built to be responsive.
- 60% of Google searches for local businesses on mobile phones result in contact with that business within 24 hours.
According to Google themselves – “94% of people with smartphones search for local information on their phones. Interestingly, 77% of mobile searches occur at home or at work, places where desktop computers are likely to be present.”
Don’t forget mobile when building or updating your website
At Smarter Web Solutions, all our website designs are 100% mobile friendly and responsive.
In a recent Google survey of more than 1000+ smartphone users; results showed that when smartphone users visited a mobile-friendly site, 74% of the respondents said that they are more likely to return to that site.
Google acknowledges that a responsive website design is the preferred method of presenting content on mobile devices.
People are always on their mobile these days. So if your business website isn’t mobile friendly, you are missing out on potential sales. It is imperative that you make sure that your website can convert potential customers or clients into revenue.
For more information on designing a mobile friendly website read, Google’s information for developers here. Google wants websites to be mobile friendly, so they can serve up the search results Google users want.
A website that is not optimised for mobile devices leaves itself open to lose potential viewers/customers.
What makes a website mobile friendly?
From the outset when designing your website, you want it to look attractive on desktops, tablets and mobiles. Internet users use many different phones, desktops (Mac v PC) and tablets when surfing the internet. Your website layout should also be tested across the range of devices to ensure compatibility.
A modern website layout needs to be usable across the different platforms, not only usable but functional as well. Users need to be able to enter data using onscreen keyboards, watch videos etc, on whatever device they choose to use.
Note: Be careful when using pop ups on your website as many do not interact well with mobile devices.
A responsive website automatically adjusts the layout to the the device being used. This enhances the user experience by adjusting pictures so they remain proportional, adjusting the font size, and wrapping the text around the screen.
Having a mobile-friendly, responsive website aims to provide a good user experience for your potential customers. If they enjoy the experience of their visit to your website they are more likely to use your business!
What factors make a website non mobile friendly?
- Text that does not “wrap around” requiring the user to scroll side to side to view it.
- Slow load times for your website. Check out your website page speed here
- Videos that can not be viewed or accessed or auto-play videos that cannot be stopped.
- Pictures that are out of proportion.
- Error messages on your website when using mobile devices.
- Inability to enter data easily on mobile devices.
- Text that is too small requiring users to zoom to be able to read it.
- Buttons or text fields, that are set too close together making it difficult to select.
How Can I Get Help?
Test to see if your website is mobile friendly here using Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test.
Bring your website up to date today by creating a mobile-friendly, modern, responsive website. Contact Smarter Web Solutions to discuss your mobile friendly website options